Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Question for You


Fellow authoresses of LOTR, I would like to know who your favorite male "hero" is?!
I would like to ask each of you to do a post on who he is and why he's your favorite, and to others please comment and tell us about yours!

Personally, I like Faramir. I greatly admire the way he handles extremely trying situations, showing true grace under pressure. Despite the fact that his father treats him shamefully and even tells him that he wishes he had died, he remains loyal and shows a love that his father really, I think, is not even deserving of.
His compassion even for the enemy is rare, and bravery in the face of impossible odds make for a very different hero than is typically portrayed, not a great fighter like many of the others, although he does have skill in that area. But what I appreciate is his gentle nature, which to some is a sign of weakness, I see it more as true strength.

8 comments:

Eldarwen said...

I like him, too. He's my favorite male character... after Haldir. :)

Apprentice Seamstress said...

I love him!
Oh and Aragorn, Legolas, ect... haha

~Milisande

Izori said...

I can't really choose! Haldir, Faramir, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo...

Pink Panther said...

I'm sorry, but I can't stand Faramir! There's just something about the actor that grates on me! But I loved his character in the book.

Tessa Voccola said...

Aragorn is my favorite. But Gimli and Legolas aren't very far behind. When we were watching the movie and Aragorn was singing, I said that I liked it when the sung in elvish and my nephew said, "yup, he sounds like a peach." and I replied "A PEACH? SERIOUSLY?" it was quite funny!

Sarah Beth said...

I like Eomer because even though he gets kicked out of his kingdom, he still fights for them.

His Handmaidens said...

Eowyn is much more awsome than any of those characters. Without her they would have lost the war.

Hayley

abigail viktoria said...

GANDALF(!) is definitely my favorite..... He's AWESOME!!!!!!

I love your blog by the way! I am definitely following this! I love LOTR!


*Shadowflower*